What data do we collect?
When you visit the Boycott Myanmar Campaign (BMC) website, BMC collects general analytical information including the country in which you are located, when you visited and for how long, what pages you looked at, and what kind of device or browser you used.
When you interact with the BMC website by filling in a petition, downloading our campaign material, or signing up for updates, BMC collects:
- Your personal identification information (title, name, country of residence, email address)
- Your choices about when and how we can contact you
- Details about how you have interacted with our website (what petition you signed, what material you downloaded, the contexts in which you agree to us contacting you).
How do we use your data?
Generally, BMC collects your data so that:
- We can better understand support for our campaign and improve it accordingly
- We can clearly understand and respect your preferences for how you want to be contacted
When you sign one of our petition letters, BMC collects your title, name, and country of residence specifically to provide this information to the recipient of the petition so they can understand who has supported the petition. We do not provide your email address to the petition recipient.
How do we store your data?
BMC stores your data in a secure cloud server with restricted access. We will store this data until you tell us not to, or until we end the campaign.
How can you tell us how to use your data?
BMC will email you when you fill in one of our petitions or sign up for updates to confirm that you have done so successfully. Beyond this, we will only contact you if you have given us consent to be contacted with updates regarding our campaign.
If you have agreed to receive updates from BMC, you can always opt out at a later date and you always have the right to stop us from contacting you or from giving your data to a third party.
Your rights over your data stored with BMC are to: request to access it; request its correction; request its deletion; object to our processing of it; and request its transfer to another organisation.
When you contact us regarding your data, we have one month to respond to you.
Updating this policy